02 May 2016

PHOTOGRAPHY: VATICAN CITY

No trip to Rome would be complete without a visit to the Vatican City... Even if it is only to take a walk around St Peter's Square. I am an atheist, so the place may as well be called Mumbojumboland as far as I am concerned. St Peter's Square is pretty, but I really do not like what it represents. Why any religion should consider itself so important that it needs to have a city of its own is quite literally beyond me.

To make things worse, imagine my horror when the pope appeared out of one of the windows and started to preach to the crowd. I didn't hang around for very long. That said, I did pop into Mondo Cattolico (the catholic version of Poundland) and bought a very amusing Popemobile / flashing glitter ball. As tacky and tasteless as the Catholic Church itself.

VIEW OF THE TIBER AND BASILICA DI SAN PIETRO SEEN FROM PONTE SANT'ANGELO

DOME OF THE BASILICA DI SAN PIETRO, VATICAN CITY

PIAZZA DI SAN PIETRO, VATICAN CITY

`POPE FRANCIS PREACHING 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Leave your comment below.