31 December 2014

2014: A YEAR IN PHOTOS

Here's a small selection of highlights of 2014.

 VISIT TO FINLAND


Ok, Åland may be a Swedish speaking autonomous region of Finland... But it counts to my list of countries visited. Lovely place to visit and even better if it means travelling by ferry. Ships bring out the Kate Winslett in me.



VISIT TO IRELAND 


I had not been back to Ireland since 2006. So a visit was long overdue. It wasn't exactly a holiday, but it was good to see family again.... Oh, and, of course, the landscapes... Kerry is not called The Kingdom for nothing.



VISIT TO LAPPLAND


I had always wanted to visit Lappland and this year that particular dream came true. Most people nortmally head to Finnish Lappland, but I chose Luleå in Sweden instead. Not sure if I managed to see the Northern Lights or not, but seeing the Baltic Sea frozen over was worth the visit alone.



VISITS TO STOCKHOLM


So I am a "Scandophile"... I can think of worse things to be mad about. I went to Stockholm three times and cannot wait to go back.




THIS VIEW 


The views from Kaknästornet in Stockholm are just fantastic. Without a doubt one of the highlights of the year, even if meant almost freezing to death.



VISIT TO MADRID


I lived in Spain for many years; 10 to be precise. However, I had not returned to Madrid since I came back to the UK in 2009. It was an emotional journey for several different reasons, which I shall not begin to bore you about. The city has changed quite a lot in the past 5 years, and not necessarily for the good. That said, in many ways it still felt like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Leave your comment below.