26 April 2015

PHOTOGRAPHY: THE TOWER OF LONDON


The Tower of London, perhaps the biggest rip off as tourist-trap hell-holes go in London, with an adult ticket priced at no less than £21. It may be nearly 1000 years old and is in pretty good condition, but is it really worth that scandalous admission price?

The last time I visited it was in 2001 and all I can really remember is being whizzed around on one of those airport-style moving walkways to view videos of the crown jewels; not even the real thing. It also brought back memories of yearly primary school excursions to the Tower.

I suppose, at the end of the day, if you a fan of royal memorabilia or have a strong interest in the history of the British monarchy, a visit to the Tower of London would be a great day out. I, for one, could not be less interested if I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Leave your comment below.