07 July 2015

PHOTOGRAPHY: VIEW FROM THE SHARD

Definitely not something for those with a fear of heights (unless they are looking for shock therapy), The View from The Shard in London Bridge offers some amazing views of London. I went up to the top in January 2014 and, as it was a Christmas gift, I did not mind paying the £24.95 admission price. That said, once you are inside, you can stay there for as long as you like... or until they throw you out.

January was probably not the best time of year to visit, as the lighting was poor and it was freezing cold. Quite disconcertingly, the top viewing deck is partially exposed to the elements and I started to panic slightly when the wind picked up speed. Another minor complaint I had at the time was that the lighting and cleanliness of the glass panels did not really make for good quality photos... But I suppose you can't have it all.

I have been thinking about going back up there. Admission price is now £25.95. If I take some window cleaner, do you think they'll give me a discount?

SKYSCRAPERS OF THE CITY OF LONDON

LONDON BRIDGE STATION AND BEYOND

ST PAUL'S CATHEDRAL

TOWER OF LONDON

TOWER BRIDGE


CANARY WHARF AND LONDON DOCKLANDS

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Leave your comment below.